Monday, January 4, 2010

Why do they call this Snow Canyon?

Well this is my second experiment trying to upload a cropped photo and it still didn't work correctly. I remember we camped at this place that didn't have any trees, except down by some picnic tables. One of the days several of the men folk went on a long hike through the rocky ridges, became disoriented and took a very long time to return. They didn't take any supplies since they were just going for a little hike, but it ended up being a little scary when they couldn't find their way back. Jeff and Lisa made tacos for one of the dinners and they were delicious.

2 comments:

  1. As cool, as long, as dangerous in spots, nothing compares to those Taco's. Key ingredient: lots of meat. Not sure we've had taco's camping before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all wondered the same thing? Why was this place called Snow Canyon? I had forgotten about the long, thirsty hike taken by some.

    The camping area is so named for: President Lorenzo Snow. I guess it is a great place for winter camping and bird watching.

    ReplyDelete