I attribute my great love of musicals to mom.....I remember when her and dad would be going out on a date (or to church meetings) that she would look on the TV guide and tell us what great movie would be on and that we should watch it on TV because it was a classic. Of course we weren't quite sure if we were going to like it or not....but mom was always insistant and knew that we would surely like it if we would just watch it.....and of course! she was always right. Great musicals....great memories....Oklahoma, King and I, South Pacific, West Side Story....to name a few. I remember mom taking me out to the movies to see Sound of Music and the first 15 minutes of the movie is ONLY MUSIC....and I kept saying....is this all there is? If so....boring....but of course there was so much more!
Then mom would buy Evelyn and I the piano music for these great musicals and then we would learn to play the songs and sing along and sing and sing....what great memories!!!!Thanks mom....
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I took Cheryl and Evelyn to see The Sound of Music sometime after Dad and I went. At the intermission....when Julie Andrews was leaving the Von Trapp household and returning to the Abbey....I acted like it was over and got up to leave. They were soooooo sad. Then soooo happy.
ReplyDelete