Monday, November 16, 2009
One of my favorite memories surrounds the sandwiches Mom used to make. Egg sandwiches wrapped in a paper towel were the perfect on-the-go breakfast. Sausage sandwiches with onions and peppers at Yankee Stadium were very, very tasty. But my all-time favorite sandwich...was my bologna sandwich that Mom would make for me to take to school for lunch. Extra mayonnaise and a touch of mustard. By noon, the sandwich was warm and the bread was soft! Yum! (A bologna sandwich is still a favorite!) Thanks Mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This post made me laugh out loud Joel! I too remember very well that the egg sandwich wrapped in a paper towel given to dad as he head out the door! I do the same thing today...i hope my kids have this same memory:) but reading about the dreaded bologna sandwich is what made me laugh out loud.
ReplyDeleteI remember calling upstairs to find out who wanted bologna or cheese. Never bologna and cheese, only Dad got that specialty. He also got the left over roast from Sunday or Meat Loaf on a sandwich! Lucky man~
ReplyDeleteI remember making all those sandwiches every morning...assembly line style.....slapping on the mayo on all the bread....then coming to the end of the line and running out of bologna!!! So mom said to just spread peanut butter on top and no one would notice....so Joel...maybe that's why you loved your bologna sandwiches so much because of the awful taste of thos peanut butter/mayo ones!
ReplyDeletewow ruth...that is quite the picture you have set to go along with your comments! I just realized that I can add a picture to show up whenever i comment....ahhh the things I am learning about blogging!
ReplyDelete