A few weeks ago we (Jamie and I) got out our Christmas tree and began the long tedious task of decorating the tree. I remember never liking the decorating of. In fact, one year I was pretty sick and thought that just maybe I would be excused from the "fun". But since it was always a family thing (at least as long as I was home) (who knows what Andy and Joel were allowed to get away with) mom always insisted that I come down and be with the family and just sit on the couch if I was too ill to come off the death bed. Now as I look back at the tradition of, I have tried to get my boys to participate, and they give me at least as much grief as I gave mom.
I also remember the good part, that was getting to make tons of popcorn to string together to put on the tree. We almost made some popcorn last week to make some strings but no time.
And who can forget the age old tradition of hanging tinsel only one strand at a time. By the time it was time for bed we were flinging that stuff from all sorts of angles.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
we'll never forget the tinsel. "One at a time! Don't just throw them in clumps" Oh the agony!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure when it was just the younger kids, we sang Christmas carols as we decorated. Never any anguish with the lights...
As I remember it we never did the lites. Wasn't that always mom and dad who did that?
ReplyDeleteDad was in charge of the lights. I held the string and he positioned them just right. Then everyone joined in. Dad still loved the tinsel ...up till the end.
ReplyDelete