Friday, December 18, 2009

CHRISTMAS 1976



Steven and I drove home this Christmas from BYU, engaged, for Steven to meet the family. Steven's memory of this trip was the fun we had, (dad paid for all of us to go skiing!) but mostly that mom cooked every meal he loved and always was offering him seconds and thirds! He loved it. I believe this was also the year Steven got a 'leisure suit' as a gift from mom and dad.

3 comments:

  1. My kids want to know what a leisure suit is. I believe the suits were everyone's last present that year. It was a great gift. I remember Steven helping me with my math homework that Christmas. Algrebra 1--what a nightmare! I thought Steven was so handsome, a great catch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The suit coat jacket goes to the waist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The year we got all the men a Leisure suit was when Evelyn brought Steven home to meet all of us. Laneco in Whitehouse had them on sale for something like $15,00 I guess because they were really on their "way out" by then. But I do remember what a big hit they were that day! We had one for all the boys and it dawned on me that it was going to be a bummer for Steven if he sat there with not. I hoped there would be one his size left as I went back to Laneco just in time.

    ReplyDelete