Monday, November 30, 2009
Talks in church
Richard spoke in Sacrament Mtg yesterday and Rex commented that he was following in my footsteps of giving a polished talk. Actually we owe Mom the recognition.Do you all remember finding a story from The Children's Friend and crossing out certain words to make it sound more like us? Then there was the memorizing. That could take quite some time. Mom would sit on the front row with the talk in front of her and she would prompt us if we forgot our place. That was great training and one I've passed on to my kids. Thanks Mom!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My 2 1/2 minute talk had to be memorized. One time I could not remember the first few lines, so up came mom from the back to bring up the book so I could read it.
ReplyDeleteOh, I remember this well. One time, in Sacrament meeting, I forgot my talk towards the end and was very embarrassed. I ended my talk abruptly and sat down without finishing. Mom came over and reminded me of the parts I forgot and convinced me to get back up and finish! Whoa nellie!
ReplyDeleteJoel, do you remember tormenting Ruth when she gave a talk for Primary.Your class was sitting in chairs in front of their pulpit.And you kept turning around making faces at her,etc.
ReplyDeleteI was very proud of her cause she was able to shut you and your antic out of her mind and she continued giving her memorized talk