Sunday, November 22, 2009
I know that I am either 4 days late or 3 days early but either way I am at least on line. My family will be heading to Huntsville for our new family tradition of camping the week of Thanksgiving. This is the perfect lead in to one of my many memories, and it comes on the subject of camping. I remember the times we camped on the weekend in New Jersey so mom and dad could go house hunting. Mom commented to me just the other day, on the way home from the airport, that she was glad she was raised on a beer budget and not a champaign budget. This was so evident as we did not stay in motels on these house hunting trips to Jersey. Now I can get my own family interested in camping as a family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, I well remember these trips. We would stay at the campground during the day (the older kids, watching the younger ones)while mom and dad went house hunting.
ReplyDeleteWe loved it, since it was a reason to go camping!
I remember mom telling Steve to turn on the light switch, which instead turned on the garbage disposal. Good gag there mom
ReplyDeletequick clarification Bart: That gag, was at our new home on Bartine Ave, New Jersey 08876, btw.
ReplyDelete