Here's a photo to match Cheryl's post. Evelyn and I made doughnuts last summer when she was here for Jennilee's reception. They are a ton of work! Much more fun to eat them. This picture is from 1970 so it must have been to help Randy . Mom wrote on the back of my picture 1 AM! Cheryl Fortie is with me Joel and Andy.Thursday, November 19, 2009
DONUTS!
Here's a photo to match Cheryl's post. Evelyn and I made doughnuts last summer when she was here for Jennilee's reception. They are a ton of work! Much more fun to eat them. This picture is from 1970 so it must have been to help Randy . Mom wrote on the back of my picture 1 AM! Cheryl Fortie is with me Joel and Andy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Is that you RUTH, In the sleeveless dress? I do not even recognize you.
ReplyDeleteMan...Did I love when we made doughnuts. I could NOT get enough. I remember Cheryl was the ONLY child trusted to glaze and she always would complain that she burned her fingers. I would have given my right arm to glaze!
ReplyDeleteYes, it is Ruth in the sleeveless dress. I guess it is another case of letting down my guard with the younger children. Which brings to mind another situation of being too lenient with the younger kids.: While Steven was at college we talked by phone. I told him that Rut;h was going on a date in a day or so. He came unglued. "she isn't 16 yet". Which I said I knew. "But it was important that she have a chance to 'practice' dating early so as to be ready when she turned 16". He finally realized I was just joshing.
ReplyDeleteWe did have a lot of fun times making donuts. We sold them for $1.00 a dozen. for Randy. We made $50.00 I think that since everyone got to eat as many donuts as they wanted, no one ever complained about the work.
ReplyDeleteThe Fortie's were staying at our home for a few days since they had fire damage in their apartment and had to vacate while it was cleaned up. I figure we must of talked about donuts and how good they are and they hadn't had them. Even tho it was midnight, we said "lets make them". It's amazing what you can do when you are young