Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Evelyn turns 8 - June,1965


Mom gave me the most wonderful birthday party this year, that I always remembered. I got to have friends over, and we did a treasure hunt. This picture was taken at the conclusion of running around finding all our clues. Everyone back then wore dresses to school and parties...and I guess this was the beginning of me not liking to wear shoes? These girls were my friends in Long Island (members of the church) from the time I was in kindergarten until we moved when I was in 7th grade. Robin Pehrson, Jeanie Macdonald, Mary Califf, Gail Nemeroff and Susan Curie - was the one friend from school. I got to wear my new 'gaucho' outfit with a metal belt to go along with the "indian" theme that I chose... I LOVED it!

1 comment:

  1. Actually your dress is a Indian Squaw Dress. Very popular then. The metal belt is a Concho Belt. Worn with all squaw dresses. I wonder if I made your dress. Maybe. We didn't buy too many clothes hack then. Could have been given from a friend. Can't remember. Cute either way. Those friends all came from very good families.

    I think I still have one that dad bought me. If anyone wants to wear it for a costume sometime.

    ReplyDelete