Tuesday, December 15, 2009

EAST MEADOWS,LONG ISLAND 1958

One of my all time favorite pictures. I love mom's coat and the picture of fixing our hair right before the picture was taken. Back in those days all the pictures had to be taken outside since we didn't have flashes on the cameras. These were the apartments we lived in before moving to Roosevelt, right mom? Or was it on the Military Base?

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't appear that mom was pregnant either. That would soon change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like I have made a comment on this picture of housing in East Meadow. (But I couldn't figure out how to send it since it didn't do it..but all is okay now) It is military housing but not on the Air Force base. Before we moved to Roosevelt, because Jeffrey was born while here also.

    Enlisted Housing was really small. With a teeny living room. Extended to an eating/dining area. An efficient style kitchen. Kind of reminds me of Chery's kitchen in Brigham City. With 3 small bedrooms upstairs and bathroom. The Officers housing was the same floor plan but twice the size. But I don't remember that we thought much about ours being so small. It was what it was. But then the house in Roosevelt was so much roomier and a big yard.

    ReplyDelete