Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chocolates/Candy

I love remembering how mom would dip chocolates, make those cute easter eggs, and make fondunts and candies. Boy was she good at it! I regret not learning the "art" of candy making from her....I thought I never learned because I was always so busy taking care of all the younger kids....but when I asked mom why I never learned how to bake, can, bottle and make candy....she told me, "because you never were interested"! Yikes.....what a disappointment I must have been..........It seems that it is always later that we learn to appreciate the many talents all our parents and all that they do for us.

I am also especially missing our Dad this Christmas season....I miss being able to go over to their home and seeing him sitting at the computer or in his recliner as I walk in.....I miss hearing his voice. I know we will see him again.....but.....it still doesn't take the saddness away this holiday season.

2 comments:

  1. I think the case of you not learning the above skills is mostly because I didn't take the time to teach you. Probably thinking you were too young to learn when you showed interest and then busy lives enter into the mix. I should have done better in this area of teaching.

    I wish a million times that I had had my Grandma Busby teach me how to make steamed bread pudding/sauce. And Grandma Lee teach me how to make Vinegar Loaf/Biscuits. Never had a one on one lesson on making tamales with my mom and dad. They were experts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto!! on all your comments and remembrances of missing dad. Couldn't have said it better. mom

    ReplyDelete