I wish I could remember exactly how many times we made donuts....but I just remember it was alot... making and then selling them to the neighbors (mostly whom we didn't know). The donuts were HUGE and we walked up and down the streets with them on paper plates...not even decorated plates! Didn't we sell them for only $1.00 a plate? The money from the sales went to help Randy on his mission....we had fun making donuts and EATING alot of them ourselves. I am proud to remember that my job was the GLAZER....dipping the burning hot donuts in the saucy powdered sugar and water mixture then sliding them onto the wooden dowels. Great memories!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
I only remember eating the donuts. We were not told how many we were allowed to eat, because after a few there was no more room. As a side note: if anyone remembers the scar that was made on the splash behind the stove top, from the hot grease...it was still there when we went through the house 10 years ago, along w/the pool table, holes in the ceiling, and the sawed out hole in the cabinet by the fireplace where there was some type of sound system that was taken out before we moved in, or we took it out..not sure, but the owner did not know why the whole was there, and why there was a burned out part in the back splash. She enjoyed hearing the story about the house.
ReplyDelete