Monday, November 23, 2009

Canoe Trip 1971

I have a picture as well, of that same canoe trip that Ruth posted a picture for. There's mom and I navigating the tight turn with Ruth along for the ride! I bet Steven is in the canoe with Leslie Blades.

4 comments:

  1. Ruth was very upset on this canoe trip. She didn't like just sitting in the middle..not even a little bit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at the picture from Family Trips you can see my excitement for canoeing. Who can blame me for not liking riding in the middle for the whole trip??

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea your family did canoeing together. What a coincidence since we started it last year at my prodding. I understand your pain at being stuck in the middle Ruth. Just a few weeks ago, at our family Thanksgiving Camping Trip we had two canoes for the whole time and a grassy 'launch' area (Jordan hated me to call it that) so we could go and come frequently right from our campsite. And Sandee's boys, on the last day, were so determined NOT to ride in the middle they almost lost the chance to go for a ride at all crying and all! But, once it was discovered that rowing was the most fun for them, Jenner patiently took each boy on their own ride so they could each row opposite of him and even Jake did well and he is only three. If Jenner was your dad, he would have let you row, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete